Sweet Savannah!

A few weeks ago, I mentioned an interest in travelling to Savannah, Georgia.  Well folks, I booked the trip!  I am SO excited to be taking a REAL LIVE VACATION.  For my husband and I, this will be our first "just for fun" vacation since our honeymoon.

In one week, we will be walking on these magical streets...




And, we're staying at this sweet bed & breakfast...



I can't wait.  We will be in Savannah for a couple of days, and then we'll drive up to Charleston, South Carolina.  We'll tour Charleston for one day before heading back to Philadelphia.  I've never been to this part of the country and I cannot wait experience it.


So, on my list of things to do:
  • walk through Forsyth Park (which happens to be steps away from our B&B)
  • tour the historic district (perhaps tour some historic homes, like the Mercer Williams House)
  • maybe visit a plantation (like this one)
  • tour the downtown design district (and stop into every possible antique store!)
  • possibly take a trip to Tybee Island to see the lovely beaches and lighthouses
And, we'll eat a lot.  Because, we're really good at that.  :)



Have you been to Savannah?


UPDATE:  Thank you ALL for your fabulous Savannah recommendations!  There are so many things to do, places to see, and restaurants to visit... I hope we can fit it all into our two day trip!!  Thank you, thank you.  We will take these recommendations with us.

...

0 comments:

Post a Comment