My Favorite Maternity Wear (so far...)

Come Saturday, I will officially be 20 weeks pregnant!  So far, I feel great, I'm not too big, and the baby has started to kick (all the time!).  Since maternity clothes can be expensive, I wanted to be able to wear my regular clothes as long as possible.  Up until now, I've gotten away with wearing a maternity shirt (or a long-waisted top) and a pair of regular jeans with a rubber band around the button hole.  But as my belly gets bigger and bigger, I find myself fidgeting to keep my top down and my rubber-banded pants up!  Clearly, these rubber band days are numbered.  :)  So off I go, shopping for stylish and affordable maternity wear.

When shopping for maternity wear, there are a lot of options (A Pea in the Pod, Motherhood Maternity, Target, ASOS, Gap, Old Navy, Ann Taylor, etc).  Since I will be as big as a manatee during the hot summer months, I decided to buy several sundresses, tanks tops, t-shirts, and blouses.  I also invested in a few pairs of jeans, a pair of leggings, and a couple pairs of shorts.  I work for myself (and don't go into an office), so I really don't need a ton of professional wear.  Most of the time, I dress pretty casually.  Here are some of my favorite things (so far...).


Dresses:

cheap and easy, these are perfect with flip flops... or paired with a cropped jacket, a belt and wedge sandals.
Target (here, here, and here)
 
 
 
fabulous maxi dresses-- love these!!
 

ladylike & tailored, perfect for daytime or dinner.



  

Blouses:

very cute, especially with the sleeves rolled up and a pair of jeans (love the gold buttons)


love the loose fit and contrasting collar



adorable little tank, perfect when paired with skinny jeans
 


Jeans, Pants, & Leggings:

thumbs up to ALL of these-- they fit so well (the white jeans have expanding side panels, so they look like regular pants at the waistband-- love that!).  I wear the Gap pair almost everyday now.
 

black leggings-- a definite staple.




Shorts:

 
Both of these are great (they're so comfortable, I wish elastic waist shorts were more socially acceptable so I could wear them forever)
 
 
 
 
Tees & Tanks:
 
In my brief experience as a pregnant girl, I've realized that I really DON'T like tees/tanks with side ruching.  I know that the ruching is supposed to be more flattering, but I feel like all that gathered material only makes me look like I have a beer belly.   :)
 
 
My absolute favorite piece of maternity clothing BY FAR-- this striped tee from ASOS.  I LOVE THIS SHIRT.  Sadly, it is out of stock, but this navy & red option is still available:
 
 
take my word for it, this shirt is the best.
 
 
perfect for layering, these tanks are terrific (fitted and long).
 
 
simple and comfortable, goes with everything
 
 
simple.  I bought this tee in three colors.
 
 
 
...
 
 
I would love to hear from the other Mommys out there-- did you have a go-to piece that you loved wearing while pregnant?  Or, what was your favorite resource for maternity wear?  I would love to know!
 
 
...
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment